The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a lot of change and uncertainty for everyone. Couples may be struggling to adjust to new routines and finding time and creative ways to stay connected with one another. One suggestion is for couples to pick a book that they can read together and talk about. Books that focus on healthy relationships will not only help couples feel more connected with one another but will also help them to continue to strengthen their relationship during this difficult time.
Here is a list of recommended books for couples:
- “Hold Me Tight: Seven Conversations for a Lifetime of Love” by Sue Johnson
- “Love Sense: The Revolutionary New Science of Romantic Relationships” by Sue Johnson
- “A Lasting Promise: The Christian Guide to Fighting for Your Marriage” by Scott Stanley, Daniel Trathen, Savanna McCain, & Milt Bryan
- “Very Married: Field Notes on Love and Fidelity” by Katherine Willis Pershey
- “Reconcilable Differences: Rebuild Your Relationship by Rediscovering the Partner You Love without Losing Yourself” by Andrew Christensen, Brian Doss, & Neil Jacobson
- The Gottman Institute has a variety of books available for couples
We hope these books not only help you connect as a couple, but create excitement for both of you! This time of social distancing and work-from-home doesn’t have to stress your relationship. We can use this time to strengthen and grow our relationships! We hope these book recommendations for couples have helped you! Dr. Gordon has a specific tip for you in another post – see the video!